(Updated on 2/2/15): The application will be available in the summer 2015. Watch this space for updates!
Congratulations on being accepted to Cal!
If you are interested in majoring in Astronomy, Earth and Planetary Sciences, or Physics, then we have a great opportunity for you! Apply to the Compass Summer Program and you can spend the two weeks before classes at Cal start up meeting your future classmates, getting to know graduate students who care about your future, and learning the process involved in doing real science
If you have any questions or issues, please use the Contact tab above.
If you can’t make it to the summer program, check out the page for Current Undergrads to see how you can get involved throughout your time at Cal!
Summer Program FAQ
- Where is the application?
The application is an embedded google form at the bottom of this page. If you either cannot find it or cannot see it, please reach us at the Contact tab.
- When is the application due?
The primary application deadline has passed, but we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis until mid-June. If you are interested, please submit your application ASAP.
- When is this year’s summer program?
August 9, 2014 – August 23, 2014.
- Can I attend just part of the summer program?
Unfortunately, no. You must be able to attend the entire two weeks.
- How much does it cost?
The entire program, including room & board, is free thanks to our generous donors.
- Where will be staying?
Students will be housed in Cal dormitories
If you are having trouble seeing the form, you can also find it by following this link:
From our twitter feed:
- Compass is piloting a new research methods class this spring! Learn more here: http://t.co/TqgXYig5NF
- RT @BerkeleyPhysics: We've got something big planned for November 20! #CalBigGive http://t.co/MaGeSrmUiX
- RT @BerkeleyPhysics: Reason #1 to "Think Big" and "Give Big" on Nov 20 - TO SUPPORT OUR STUDENT CLUBS! It's all part of #CalBigGive http…